Sunday, September 25, 2016

King Of The Gil




It was Friday, 7:30 PM. I came from a hotel somewhere in Quezon City. Ang traffic papunta! The creative team members of “Got To Believe” were locked in to plot and write ang tatakbuhin ng serye sa parating ng Pasko. Isang linggo na rin. But that night I took an off to watch Enrique Gil’s first concert. I surveyed the crowd. From where I was, the mosh pit area of the concert, I couldn’t help but be proud of Enrique. Puno ang Araneta Coliseum. That night, no doubt, our Dasho was to be officially crowned King Of The Gil.

Enrique during his Bandila interview for "Muling Buksan Ang Puso".

After “Princess And I”, Quen went on to do “Muling Buksan Ang Puso” under a different unit. Actually, sinubaybayan ko and I was really hoping na he has found his loveteam in Julia Montes. I saw an entirely different Enrique sa show – malayo kina BJ ng Budoy at kay Jao ng PAI. Katukayo ko pa yung character niya, si Francis. But the show had to end soon.

Enrique went on to record a dance-themed album which spawned the hit “Kaya Mo Ba ‘To (Oha Oha)”. Everywhere I went, I can hear kids and teens singing along to the song, and even dancing to it. He was becoming the country’s top male dance idol. And what surprised us pa, he was voted the Sexiest Man in the Philippines. Wala pang abs si Quen. Hindi siya yung hunky guy na pagnanasaan mo. It must be his moves and gestures that endeared him to voters. He gave sexy a new definition.

"The Buzz" promo for "She's The One". Photo taken by
Liza Soberano. ;) 

He also topbilledin the movie “She’s The One” with box-office stars Bea Alonzo and Dingdong Dantes. Naitambal na siya dito officially kay Liza Soberano. Maraming nakapansin na may chemistry sila onscreen. Actually, naririnig ko nang may plano na pagsamahin sila on a teleserye. But their teamup had to wait in the sidelines – it was announced that he would be paired with Julia Barretto in “Mirabella”, to air in early 2014.

Sobrang na-enjoy ko ang “King Of The Gil” concert. Alam mo yung, feeling bagets at nakikisayaw sa mosh pit area. Nakikitili pag gumigiling at nagshi-shirtless si Quen. All for fun. Sulit ang binayad ko. (Hindi complimentary ang ticket ko – bumili talaga ako), But at times, when I’d look at Quen on stage, bumabalik sa akin ‘yung humble beginnings niya. Sino bang nakahula na magco-concert siya? Sa Araneta Coliseum pa. Ang layo na talagang narating niya, I was gushing. At alam mong milya pa ang ilalayo ng mararating niya kasi hindi nilalamon ng kasikatan.

Si Quen ‘yung tipo na kahit hindi kayo magkatrabaho sa serye, naaalala ka niya, chini-chika ka pa rin niya pag nagkikita kayo. Nagpapa-kwento at uma-advice pa rin tungkol sa best friend ko. Kahit pagod o puyat pa yan, sasabihin niyang “dali, kwento!” He was really concerned. Minsan, biniro ko siya, “what if sa ‘yo ako na-in love?” I mean, napaka-gwapo at ang bait-bait. He would just make funny, nonsense answers, pero sa huli ang sasabihin niya, “mas OK akong kaibigan.” Totoo naman.

Backstage of "King Of The Gil" concert

After the concert, dinala ako backstage to meet Enrique. When he saw me, niyakap talaga niya ako ng mahigpit. Pawis-pawis at pagod na after two hours of non-stop singing and giling, pero deep down ko, “ang bango ni Quen”. Because he was. But kidding aside, he asked me, “nag-enjoy ka?” I answered, “sobra”. I joked na kung siya na because of his "King Of The Gil" monicker, ako naman ang "Princess Of The Mountains". Natawa ang Quenito. But I didn’t keep the conversation long dahil maraming gusto rin siyang maka-usap at makapagpa-pic. The hug, and our picture, was more than enough. But before I said goodbye, he whispered to me, “sana makapag-teleserye uli tayo.”


My answer was, “sana”. I hoped na mangyari uli iyon. I didn’t have the slightest idea that it was the start of the road towards forevermore… 

He remained the sweetest even after "Princess and I".

ASAP promo for "King Of The Gil" concert

He was actually voted the Sexiest Man in the Philippines!









5 comments:

  1. can't thank you enough for always supporting enrique. wish you the best always! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sir France for this. Nakakainspire while reading how kind Quen is. Sobrang bitin po hehehe.. Sana may karugtong po ito and reveal some little secrets hahaha..joke lang po! 😜😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this sir france. Hoping for more story of how LIZQUEN SWEETNESS STARTED DURING FOREVERMORE. AMPING ALWAYS SIR FRANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this sir france. Hoping for more story of how LIZQUEN SWEETNESS STARTED DURING FOREVERMORE. AMPING ALWAYS SIR FRANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks po for sharing, nkakaiyak..abangan q po sa continuation😁

    ReplyDelete