Saturday, October 1, 2016

One Voice



It’s been almost 5 months since I last saw JK Labajo. I never even had the chance to say goodbye to him before he entered PBB, or see him after his stint on the reality show. So when his concert with fellow “The Voice” alumni Jason Dy and Klarisse De Guzman, titled “One Voice” happened last night at the Music Museum, I made sure I will be there.



Minutes before the concert, I had the opportunity to see him. I found myself teary-eyed after I saw his surprised reaction upon seeing me, and he hugged me so tight afterwards. “Where have you been?” “you weren’t answering my calls” were the words I can remember that came out of his mouth. Actually, marami pa siyang sinabi. But I was overwhelmed by just seeing him, what mattered was he was in front of me already. It was his night – marami pang pagkakataon to tell my story.

JK's growing up really fast!
JK gave new touch to Eraserheads' iconic hits

Seeing him last night on stage makes me extremely proud. I’ve always been proud of him… He’s one of the most talented teens I know. Pero yung he has turned himself into a performer: Buong-buo ang boses niya, at ramdam mo siya pag kumakanta siya. My favourite was when he did the Ereaserheads medley. It was nostalgic, but he made the classic songs of the iconic 90s band “very now”.

Klarisse gave a really fantastic medley
of The Corrs' hits.

Klarisse with We Love OPM's "O Divas" teammates

I also have to give it to Klarisse who gave exceptional performances. I was moved by her “Sabihin Mo Sa Akin” (Mirabella’s theme song) rendition, and her The Corrs medley that was just fantastic. I was actually singing along!

He's not taking our pictures seriously, promise!
OOTN before the concert's closing part.

The night ended with thunderous applause and cheers from the crowd, fans and audience taking turns in having pictures taken with JK… And a warm, reassuring hug from JK. He’s still that makulit and funny guy who wouldn’t take our pictures seriously. That JK who is full of energy, buhay na buhay sa mga taping kahit anong oras na. He’s growing up fast, but he will always be a young boy to me, whose “one voice” will always make me proud, and would keep us asking for more.


Congratulations JK and the whole “One Voice” team for a memorable night. 

Among the celebrities who watched were
Kyle Echarri and AC Bonifacio

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much ... it was indeed a memorable and successful night for our Juan Karlos. Kudos to you JK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for supporting JK tirelessly. Your presence sure meant a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete