Friday, October 7, 2016

Forever in 'Forevermore'








I was so excited and nervous at the same time when I visited “Forevermore”’s Manila set for the first time in February last year. Excited, kasi makikita ko uli ang “Forevermore” team after such a long time; nervous kasi baka may nagbago na, especially sa LizQuen. Don’t get me wrong, but the serye at that time was at its peak – high ratings, everyday top trending topic, “La Presa” was a certified tourist spot, and LizQuen has become a leading loveteam. Baka lang may nagbago na ‘di maiiwasan.

Liza watching that night's episode.
That man bun.
Enrique loves touching my tummy, as if I am pregnant.
But not to my surprise sa totoo lang, I saw a very warm and accommodating Liza and Enrique on the set. When Liza saw me, she gave me a super tight hug and said “I missed you”. Then when I saw Enrique, his first words were “ano na?” sabay hug ng mahigpit and kurot sa face ko like he always did. I knew he was talking about the matters of my heart. Nothing changed at all. Nag-iba lang ang location, mas uminit lang. During that time, hindi pa nagkikita sina Xander at Agnes sa story, but Enrique was on the set (Agnes’ dorm) because we were to shoot our material for the trade launch. Their reunion on screen was highly anticipated then, when I posted a pic na kasama ko silang dalawa on the set, andaming nag-comment, “magkikita na sila?!?!” Even my friends would ask out of nowhere kung kelan muli sila pagtatagpuin.

Diego Loyzaga joined "Forevermore" in Manila
as the free-spirited rocker Jay Fernandez.

Diego Loyzaga has already joined the serye as Jay Fernandez, the free-spirited rocker/student who fell in love with Liza’s Agnes. I’ve known Diego before, but it was only then when we got to know each other, and eventually became good friends.





They loved taking selfies on my phone camera.

Finally, sinama na nila ako! 




I would visit again the set in March, this time at Philippine Christian University, to shoot their invitation for my MMK life story to be aired on March 21. During the taping, Liza and Quen asked me to stay in their holding area. So when Liza was on take with Diego, Enrique suddenly started opening up to me about something personal (which of course, I won’t divulge on). I realized, it’s been a while actually since huli kaming nag-usap ng seryosohan. Sa La Presa pa. Just like the good, old days lang sa “Princess And I”. Enrique even asked Kuya Gerrome (his most trusted assistant ever since I can remember) to buy me food for dinner, because, according to him, he has more kwento to share.

When Liza was done, and it was time for dinner, the three of us placed ourselves in a corner, usap usap lang habang kumakain. I was like, “totoo ba talaga ito?” I’m with LizQuen, having dinner while talking about non-work related, personal stuff. Dakilang Fan moment ito! But actually, they never made me feel like that. Para akong kaibigang bumisita sa set. Liza and Quen even took selfies of us, and of themselves on my phone. We were just having fun. Then they asked me to go out for a while. Akala ko ano na.The next I knew, they already taped on my phone their invitation to watch my MMK life story. And their message was just touching.

During that taping ko nakita na, may nagbago nga. Hindi sa pakikitungo nila sa akin at sa ibang mga ka-trabaho nila amidst their newfound fame. But sa relationship nila as friends, loveteam, partner. They were so comfortable with each other already. Yung kahit kumakain sila, chika lang ng chika, walang kiyeme. May mga bulungan, may inside jokes na. May hampasan pa pag inaasar ni Quen si Liza. I saw how Quen assisted Liza, kahit sa simpleng pagtayo lang mula sa pagkakaupo. Ika nga, nag-level up na. And they are more relaxed and laid back, kahit na for airing kami, compared sa first days namin sa La Presa. It was as if they’ve known each other for a long time already.

"In bed" with Enrique! Peace guys!
In spite their busy sked for the show, they still made time
to attend Julia Barretto's debut party
At that time, alam kong bilang na ang mga araw, linggo ng “Forevermore”. Naka-isa o dalawang set visit pa ako no’n. Wala lang, for work, and just to be with them. Then they had to go back to Benguet to tape the last weeks. Hindi na ako sinama, because at that point, I actually thought I was leaving ABS-CBN already. I didn’t know yet na part na ako ng “Pangako Sa ‘Yo”. At may pinagdaanan rin ang mama ko, health-wise. So I stayed here in Manila. But Quen told me during a visit, “think things over” when I said na I was at “crossroads” then on what will happen next to me.

Goodbye "Forevermore", hello "Pangako Sa 'Yo"
in ASAP. 

Liza ready to take on new projects and adventures.

Quen sporting the "Drake look" officially for
"Just The Way You Are". 


But I became “Forevermore”’s official social media promo on its last 2 weeks. Ang akala ko nga, may farewell event kami sa La Presa so I was excited na umakyat uli ng Benguet to see the cast and the locations na naging bahagi ng buhay naming, for the last time man lang. Pero hindi natuloy e, sayang… The next time I would see LizQuen na, the Sunday after the finale na sa ASAP where they thanked the televiewers for their love on our show ‘till the end… And the super high 39% finale ratings we got.

Looking back now, our “Forevermore” journey, and the birth of LizQuen loveteam, is something we can describe to be a legendary one. We started with nothing. Everything was of and by leap of faith. And look where it brought us all. But more than that, we are proud of what the show left in our hearts after it bid goodbye on March 25, 2014: The lesson of “Forever is what we make it”, as Direk Cathy perfectly described it, and a story and a loveteam that made us, and would continuously make us believe in forever. Until now, wherever I go, when people find out na part ako ng "Forevermore", fresh pa rin sa kanila, and they tell me, "maganda yung show". We've left indelible marks not just to fans but to the general viewers.


There’s indeed forever in “Forevermore”. 

4 comments:

  1. thanks always! sana d ito ang last entry mo for LizQuen! God bless u and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not a fan of teleserye..but when i watched Forevermore complete episodes in span of 7days only (walang tulugan) OMG! avid fan na ako ng LizQuen. Their chemistry from scratch to stardom, hand ups tlga..Every moment are natural & you always feel the LOVE..kahit nth time ko inuulit ang Forevermore at ngyn Dolce Amore, nadadala pa rin ako every episodes..Thanks for bringing LizQuen into our world, keep grounded & hope to see you in person (just praying)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not a fan of teleserye..but when i watched Forevermore complete episodes in span of 7days only (walang tulugan) OMG! avid fan na ako ng LizQuen. Their chemistry from scratch to stardom, hand ups tlga..Every moment are natural & you always feel the LOVE..kahit nth time ko inuulit ang Forevermore at ngyn Dolce Amore, nadadala pa rin ako every episodes..Thanks for bringing LizQuen into our world, keep grounded & hope to see you in person (just praying)

    ReplyDelete