Thursday, October 13, 2016

Elmo's Time



When I approached Elmo Magalona last Sunday on ASAP's dressing room, I immediately said sorry because hindi ako nakadalaw uli sa set ng “Born For You” just as I promised him and his loveteam partner, my good friend Janella Salvador. I tried, pero hindi masingit sa schedule. I even thought of going to the live finale, pero nahiya naman ako. But Elmo said, “OK lang.” He just said jokingly na bumawi ako sa at dalawin sila sa set ng “Wansapanataym: Holly And Mau”, which premieres this Sunday night at 8:15PM, which I will definitely do.

Then I told him na ifi-feature ko siya sa blog ko, since aside from “Wansapanataym”, he’s got a new album. When I told him about my blog’s title, he said, “Dapat ‘Dakilang friend’ because you’re a friend to us.” Na-touch naman ako. Most likely, he’s coming from my closeness with other celebrities especially Janella, who I call “Moya”. And in fairness naman to Elmo, ever since we were introduced by Janella, sa elevator pa ng ABS-CBN yun after ASAP, he made me feel na he wanted to know me rin. I remember Janella saying to Elmo, “This is my super friend, Moya.” Not even my name!

Before he moved to ABS-CBN, I didn’t know much about him, except the following: he’s Francis M’s son, he can rap too like his father, he can host, and he did several TV series in GMA. In fact, one of his series, “More Than Words” went against “Forevermore” so I knew. (Ang competitive ko ba? Peace, Elmo!) But more than a year ago, a friend asked me who I thought among GMA teen stars should move to ABS-CBN, I actually thought of him. May ganun akong inkling na pang-ABS ang aura niya. True enough, before the year ended, he signed with ABS-CBN.

Hindi ko inasahan though na maitatambal siya kay Janella. But when it happened, I was really happy. Janella was doing well with Marlo naman then. Pero na-gets ko ang desisyon ng management. And when I first saw them sa picture together, I thought they looked good together. May hawig sila. Bagay.

At Janella's 18th birthday party
 But after we were introduced, nahihiya pa rin ako kay Elmo. I didn’t even think natatandaan niya ako. Sa debut ni Janella, hi and hello, plus picture lang kami. Walang conversation. Napansin ko sa debut yung closeness nila ni Janella, at yung gentlemanly ways niya, off cam (meaning, after party na, wala nang press, kami-kami lang). As I observed him, tahimik siya, more on actions.

Magbabago 'yun one rainy evening of May, when I was stranded in ABS-CBN. Janella texted me na nasa ABS-CBN din pala sila taping “Born For You”. So punta naman ako. Bonding kami ni Janella, pero mabilisan lang at in between takes lang kasi marami pang kukunang eksena, at hinahabol ang cut-off. After the taping saka na kami nakapag-chikahan ng lubusan ni Janella, while we were waiting for her mom na sunduin siya.

After "Born For You" taping in ABS-CBN
I noticed Elmo sa kabilang dressing room, mag-isa. I told Janella, so she invited him to join us. Kumakain kami ng champorado, midnight snack. We were introduced again, this time as “Princess France”. I even remember him asking me why that name, in a very nice and cool way. Sumaglit lang ako sandali para mag-CR, aba pagbalik ko parang may sarili na silang mundo ni Janella, laughing and eating. So I stayed outside. Ayokong maka-istorbo ng moment. Ang cute nila e! Janella noticed eventually na nasa labas lang pala ako.

Turned out, hinintay lang din pala ni Elmo na makauwi si Janella, kasi nung umalis kami, umalis na rin siya. Unlike Janella, nasa ABS-CBN lang ang sasakyan niya. He could have left anytime, I thought, ang gentleman nitong si Elmo. For just a loveteam and friend, the gesture spoke so much of him. Hindi pang-kilig kasi off cam naman, at walang press o kung sino. Kami-kami lang. I was impressed. Natuwa ako for my friend. She is in good company. 

Simula no’n, pag nagkikita kami ni Elmo sa ABS-CBN, hindi na lang “hi and “hello”. May chikahan na. Nahihiya pa rin ako, sa totoo lang. But si Elmo yung tipo na magpaparamdam sa ‘yo na, you can approach and talk to me anytime. Friendly and well bred. Hindi siya snob like some think of him.

At ASAP's Dressing Room where we had this conversation.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out straight from him na first album niya itong "ELMO" under Universal records, which was released on physical format just last week. I was like, “seryoso?” Akala ko all these time nagkaroon na siya ng rap album. I heard his single, "Kay Dali", which is receiving heavy airplay on radio stations and on MYX. It is good! He told me that he signed with Universal almost the same time he signed with ABS-CBN. At magandang timing naman ang release nito because he was coming from “Born For You”, where he was able to showcase his musicality. 

Everything was really all about perfect timing. At least, I thought, he didn’t bank on his father’s legacy or his last name to pursue his singing career. He is proving his worth - as ELMO. 

Catch Elmo and Janella on "Wansapanataym: Holly And Mau" beginning this Sunday at 8:15. Elmo's self-titled debut album is now out on Digital and Physical formats from Universal Records, featuring the singles "Kay Dali" and "Born For You".

22 comments:

  1. Thank you much po. Very touching naman po. Nakakataba ng puso reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waahh!! Thank you for this po! I am proud kasi hindi pala talaga ako nagkamali sa pag-idolize sa kanilang dalawa. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waahh!! Thank you for this po! I am proud kasi hindi pala talaga ako nagkamali sa pag-idolize sa kanilang dalawa. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this.He's one of a kind,humble and very friendly guy, that's why he has a lot of friends in n outside showbiz. Thats one thing I like him and Janella they are the same with good character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this po! Made me love Elmo even moreeee! So proud to be his fan!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Thanks for this blog. Worth reading. Bilang fan, yung makabasa ka ng akala mo simpleng article na ganito ay Big thing para sa isang fan. Parang samin na din ginagawa ni Moe ang mga bagay na yun. We feel the sincerity. Right timing talaga with right loveteam.We love our supers at mahal ka din namin france. Gawa ka pa ng madaming ganito hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Franz! Many thanks for appreciating Moe. His fans since day 1 says he's really that humble and i'm glad he is known the he was known before, so thanks.
    I was a JoshAne fan but now an ElNella fan and i used to hate you for downgrading Joshua. I just hope no more like those against any other artista. God bless Franz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *i'm glad he is known how he was known before

      Delete
    2. Hope you check out my entry about Joshua, titled "Turnaround". Thanks for dropping by. Appreciated.

      Delete
    3. Hope you check out my entry about Joshua, titled "Turnaround". Thanks for dropping by. Appreciated.

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much po! Sobra akong kinilig habang nagbabasa..and you shared something which really makes us feel proud as an ELNELLA fan and ofc, as a fan of Elmo! Thanks po uli! We love you! Best blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow.. More Blessinga to come Elmo... #ElNella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks po for featuring Elmo in your blog. I'm a big proud fan to Elmo and Janella . More blessings to come Elmo. Thanks again. #Elnella 😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwe that's so sweet of him .#Elnella my one and only LT I've ever fallen in love to #mefangirlingforthefirsttimehaha Wishful and more blessings to #Elnella ����

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.. halata nmn talga sa kilos at pananalita ni elmo that he is a Good attitude.. kaya feel ko na mas like nya mksma sa projects si elmo.. like she said "gentleman " ang gusto nya. Thnks sa Blogs mo more power France.. #Elnella

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete