Sunday, March 19, 2017

This Girl Will Always Find A Way



Kisses and I reunited at Star Cinema office
just days after her PBB victory. 

Two Thursdays ago, I was surprised to see PBB Lucky Season 7 Teen Housemate and 2nd Big Placer Kisses Delavin at Star Cinema office. I was to do "A Love To Last" online companion show that night, while she was there, along with some of her fellow housemates and some other teen stars.

What I didn't expect was how emotional that encounter between me and Kisses would turn out - for some reason, we actually ended up teary-eyed. She kept thanking me for all the support I gave her during PBB stint, while I was so elated to see her looking happy after several months of her physical and emotionalroller coaster ride inside Kuya's house.

When Kisses won in ASAP Pop Viewers' Choice Awards late last year.

To think that when PBB Teen Edition was just starting late last year, I wasn't really interested on her. I just knew she was this beauty queen from her province, and that she tried doing workshops under Star Magic. But while I was doing my research for an article I would write for No Ink that time, I noticed something... She was actually following me on Instagram. I was shocked. Why?I started asking around about Kisses, and there I found out that she actually played a bit role early last year in KathNiel's "Pangako Sa 'Yo", where I was a digital media coordinator.

I started following Kisses' journey closely on PBB afterwards. I was curious. I wanted to know her more, and why she had this growing fanbase.

Kisses won me over after I saw that episode, where she cried to Kuya, confessing her "unrequited" feelings for housemate Marco Gallo. I found myself crying with her, especially when she said that now PBB classic line, "laging hindi pinipili." She didn't get my sympathy... I empathized with her. I know the feeling. But she earned my admiration when I saw how she handled her feelings so well and gracefully. I felt like, between the two of us, I was the younger and immatured one.

First time to meet Kisses. 

I would always remember that first time I met her - at ABS-CBN's Trade Launch in November. They were out temporarily of Kuya's house while the regular housemates edition was ongoing. When she saw me for the first time, she was struggling to remember my name. But she was holding my hand tightly. "Kilala po kita sir," she kept on saying. When I told her, "I'm Princess France, you're following me on Instagram", she hugged me right then and there. I remember telling her how much she touched my heart with her journey inside Kuya's house - how she really embodied the traits of what Filipino teens are these days, in good and admirable ways.

From then on, everytime we'd bump into each other in ABS-CBN, we would catch up and talk to each other like we've known each other for a long time. I remembered she even asked me on ASAP, "kumain ka na po?", a gesture I found really sweet and comforting.

Then early this year, she had to go back inside PBB house, to be part of Kuya's Dream Team. I haven't really had the chance to say goodbye or wish her well, but I knew she knew how supportive I was of her.

Bumped into Kisses in ABS-CBN.

She may not have won the Big Winner title, but for us, Kisses was already a winner the moment she made it to the Big 7. It was tough - we all saw how real the struggle was inside Kuya's house, I must say. The housemates, and even the viewers, had already gone stressed especially during the reality show's final stretch. But Kisses made it through, and shone the brightest as she proved how worthy she was, not just as a housemate, but as this teen who was true to her feelings and actions from start to end. It wasn't easy admitting her insecurities and shortcomings, and her feelings for someone that won't just go away... But Kisses did it, and how.

A bigger battle awaits for her and the rest of the Teen Big 4 now that they're out of PBB, and are starting respective careers in showbiz, where everything is uncertain. But as one of my favorite Britney Spears' songs say, "this girl will always find her way". Kisses always finds, and will surely find a way. She will make it big. 

37 comments:

  1. Aww!.. naiiyak ak0 sir France. Thank y0u s0 much f0r l0ving Kisses. Il0vey0u b0th.. Godbless p0.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Naiiyak ako while reading..... God Bless po :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teary eye while reading!�� tnx so much sir for believing and supporting kisses..�� God bless you both!��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every word hits me to the core! What made this blog stood out is the sincerity of the writer and the inner beauty of the subject that radiates all throughout the entire article as well as the authenticity of their budding friendship. Kudos to the beauty (Kisses) and the best (Princess France)!!!πŸ˜‰πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Έ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me cry!(Fangirling Moment). I barely show and speak up nor comment about how I adore someone so much but for Kisses I did and I still will.😊😊
      This girl is rare! You hardly find someone so true and genuine nowadays. Her wit & personality jives with her beauty. Giving her very best on everything she does and deliver it with pureness and grace! Its easy for her to appreciate people thats why she is loved by many! Such an angel! πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ‘ΌπŸ‘Ό

      Delete
    2. thanks po sa pag appreciate kai kisses Godbless po

      Delete
    3. We are on the same boat.. Pareho tayong gusto c Kisses 😊😊😊
      Everyday na babad sa twitter & IG for updates. πŸ˜‰
      Iba yung nasa malayo nahohomesick masyado! C Kisses lang yung happy pill ko 😘😘😘

      Delete
    4. So touching po sir france.. i a mom myself wished that my daughters will grow up like kisses.. she embodied the real struggles of a teenager but overcome it positively..
      Thank u sir france!

      Delete
  5. Awww sobra pong nakakatouch. Thank u po sobra for caring for Kisses this much. Nakakatuwa pong makabasa ng ganito for her. For everything she has been to, she really deserve this kind of words. Thank u po.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww sobra pong nakakatouch. Thank u po sobra for caring for Kisses this much. Nakakatuwa pong makabasa ng ganito for her. For everything she has been to, she really deserve this kind of words. Thank u po.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you po and God bless Sir France. Love na love ko rin po si Kisses.πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you po and God bless Sir France. Love na love ko rin po si Kisses.πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nakakataba ng puso.. thank you po sobrang nkkatouch. Love lotsπŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sir thank you po sa patuloy na pagsuporta kay kissesπŸ’– Mahal ka po naming team kisses πŸ’žGodbless pπŸ’œπŸ’‹

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you po for supporting Kisses :) Sobrang saya na maraming taong nakaaappreciate sa kanya, its like a fulfilment for me as a fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww! Kaka touch naman po.. Thank you Sir France for loving and supporting Kisses. Sobrang nakaka proud as a fan mga sinabi niyo sa kanya. We Love you po..

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww... Mangiyak ngiyak ako. Thank you sir France for loving and supporting Kisses. Proud na proud po ako sa batang yan. At sobrang nakakachubby po ng puso na na na-appreciate niyo po siya. Thank you po ulit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw 😒 Nakakatouch. Gustong gusto ko sya makita sa personal talaga. Sana balang araw kahit ilang taon man makalipas sana makita ko sya.I am forever fangirly to her. For the first time sa showbiz na ito now lang ako mahilig sa artista katulad ni Kisses na araw2x ko syang sinusubaybayan.Dahil alam mo kung bakit? Sya lang ulit nakakuha ng atensyon ko at lalo na itong puso kong bato na nasasaktan, nagmahal dahil sa pag ibig. Naka move on ako at nakalimutan ko ang ex ko ng ilang buwan at tanggap ko na ang lahat2x. Dahil kay Kween, sya lang ang nagbigay ng atensyon ko at masaya ako ng makita sya sa IG at Twitter lamang dahil 1st time ko nakihalubilo ng dahil sa kanya lalo na yung pure smile nya nakakadala talaga di nakakasawang titigan ang maamong mukha na na mala Anghel. Ang puso nya ay isang Ginto na basta nalang nasisilaw, ang puso ko sa kanya.Matinik ako pagdating sa Love pero Thank You Kisses that you've come into my life.Nakakatulong ka sa akin he he he. Ngayon kasi diko na hinahanap yung stupidong ex ko na naghahanap ng iba.Di makontento sa isa. Happy ako ngayun dahil kaya ko na ang sarili ko na wala sya sa isip ko at sa puso ko kundi napalitan ng pagmamahal na isang katulad ni KISSES DELAVIN. I LOVE YOU KISSES. ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nakakatouch and so inspiring. Nakikita ang sincerity ng bawat isa... I really love her since D1 pumasok siya sa PBB Teen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't naiiyak ako sir France.. I love kisses so much ..sana makita ko sya in person.. Love you both ������

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you po sir France for loving Kisses love you both πŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’Ÿ God bless πŸ˜‡

    ReplyDelete
  19. From the start i'm really fan of here,i know her roller coster in pbb i keep watching because she really unique and i like her till now

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you miss france sa pagmamahal mo kay kisses mabait po tlgang bata yan hnd po masasayang ang pagmamahal nyo pra sa kanya =) nakakaiyak nmn po itong article nyo kay kisses tlgang mararamdaman mo yung pagmamahal idk salamat po ulit!!!Godbless you more po missfrance=)we heart ya

    ReplyDelete
  21. i never thought the girl like kisses will touch my heart<3 really she is a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Since day1, I knew this girl is different from others because of her natural gestures and genuine smiles. She maybe an avid fan from past PBB but still maintains who really she is not like other girl teens inside holding back something of themselves. She will definitely make it big in showbiz.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for admiring Kisses and speak out this.
    I also love her too ..
    Let's continue supporting her..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kisses won the hearts of all.. kasi lahat naman dumating sa point na "hindi napipili.." lahat naka relate. the good thing was, it wasn't staged. hindi pinag isipan.. laging galing lang sa puso.. that made it even relatable to all... thanks princess france.. you're a damn good writer..

    ReplyDelete
  25. just a short note to say thank you Princess France ❤

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is my first time to comment on something like this just because of Kisses. We had the same feelings Sir. I was irritated to her during the first weeks cause I feel like she's conceited but as time goes by, you could really see the good in her. I just really can't understand how blinded her bashers are. But for me, she really is a role model to all. And I guess the reason why she caught the people's attention is because she is someone we could relate to. What you are seeing in her is what you are actually experiencing. Hoping that I also have the courage and will to face the world as what she's doing right now. For me, you are still the big winner! ��

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my God.., why I am teary eyed? Thanks so much for this beautiful insight about our baby girl kisses.., she's really a true epitome of beauty inside and out.., stay what you are baby girl.., I know you will soar higher than what you expect, just continue being kind, humble, loving, sweet, and most of all putting God in your everyday living..
    Love you kween..,
    God bless you.., and you also ma'am France.., thanks for this..,

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you ngayon ko lng nabasa ito , napaka sarap basahin ang mga sinabi mo kay Kisses.., love you po Ms. France

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you ngayon ko lng nabasa ito , napaka sarap basahin ang mga sinabi mo kay Kisses.., love you po Ms. France

    ReplyDelete