Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Khalil's 2 Cool 2 B 4gotten!

Khalil and I during "Princess And I" days

I’ve known Khalil Ramos since 5 years ago, after he ended up as grand finalist of Pilipinas Got Talent’s first season and eventually landed the role of Kathryn Bernardo’s friendzoned bestie in Princess And I, where we worked together and became really great friends. I must say, he’s really one passionate guy when it comes to acting and singing. It led him to having his debut album (which generated the 2012 hugot hit Kung Ako Ba Siya), and several movie projects that proved his range in acting (most notably in last year’s Kid Kulafu and Honor Thy Father). And he's into film making these days!

Finally, Khalil makes his well-deserved star turn in this year’s Cinema One Originals’ entry 2 Cool 2 B 4gotten, which makes its gala premiere in Trinoma tonight at 10:30. But before the big night, Khalil caught up with your Ang Dakilang Fan, and talked about the movie, and what else to look forward to on him.

Khalil as Felix in 2 Cool 2 B 4gotten

What made you accept 2Cool2B4gotten? Were there apprehensions since gay role siya?

I really had no apprehensions at all. My only worry was if the management would allow me to play a gay role. I really felt the script was a strong one. After meeting with the director, producer and my managers, I happily accepted the role.

Briefly lang at kung hanggang saan pwede, describe your role in the film?

I play the role of Felix, a 15 year old student achiever. He's anti-social. He has no friends at all. And he thinks a lot. At the beginning of the film, you'll see him starting a journal for his English class. In his journal he tells you what he feels and thinks about the people around him. He eventually meets his first friends ever, Fil-Am transferees, Maxim and Magnus Snyder. They change his life forever.

Which do you consider as the most unforgettable movie/tv role you played?

Felix in 2 Cool 2 Be 4gotten is definitely one of them. Another is Riding In Tandem by Toto Natividad. It hasn't been shown yet but I play a criminal there.

Khalil with 2 Cool 2 B 4gotten co-stars Ethan Salvador
and Hashtag Jameson Blake
(Photo courtest of Ate Janice Damasco of Star Magic)

Since the film tackles firsts in a teenagers' life, which first in your life do you consider unforgettable?

First time I got drunk! Hahaha! It was at a house party back in high school.

What can we look forward from you after this? We miss you singing! Is there a chance we hear new music from you?

More movies! And a TV come back, hopefully. (crossed fingers) I'm part of another film showing soon, Ang Babae sa Septic Tank 2. I play Lennon, the non-talking hipster. Hahahaha. And yes, I'm planning to go back to music soon! I did a cover for Wish 107.5, they posted it just now actually hahaha! (Note: The interview was done on Tuesday night)

No comments:

Post a Comment